Best Ways To Take Care Of Your Eyes
It is only when you lose an eye you realize the importance of that organ. Eye care is something which most people are not aware of. They are one of the most vital organs of our body. Thankfully, you had the patience to search this article and read it.
- While you are out in the sun you must wear sunglasses to keep them protected. Invest in a good pair with UV protection and keep them whenever you leave home. Powerful sun’s rays can damage them and the skin around it.
- Eat good food. Consume foods that are high in Vitamin E and C, omega 3 fatty acids and zinc prevents cataracts and other ailments. Consume salmon, tuna, nuts, beans and green leafy vegetables, oranges and other citrus fruits for healthy eyes.
- If you are often blinking then your eyes have some problem. In case they are not dry, then due to stress you might have developed the problem of tic. Just check it with an ophthalmologist to rule out any serious issue.
- Those who are working on a computer for long hours do feel a strain in their eyes. If you feel they are dry, blink frequently. Staring at the screen can cause blurry vision, drying out and headaches. They should be in level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look down at the screen. Prefer to use an anti glare screen. Choose a supportive chair and position it in such a way that your feet are flat on the floor.
- Every 20 minutes, rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Never use old make up as it can have bacteria. Using it can result in several problems.
- Those who smoke are likely to get cataract, macular degeneration and optic nerve damage.
- If you work with hazardous materials, wear safety glasses every time. Wear protection gears like sports goggles or face masks to protect them.
- Visit optometrist or ophthalmologist regularly. Get your eyes examined frequently. They provide general eye care and give tips on how to take care of this vital organ.